Castle Garden is a brand-new school, designed to help our pupils flourish. We are invested in helping children grow in confidence, improve their educational outcomes, and raise their hopes for the future.
Castle Garden is superbly-equipped to accommodate children and young people with a wide range of needs. We offer specialist education and therapeutic interventions that can make a real difference for pupils aged 5-11.
Personalised teaching and learning in an autism specific environment allows pupils’ individual needs to be addressed completely and their capabilities fully realised.
With a fantastic staff-to-child ratio, well-designed spaces, and a real commitment to making school a happy place to be, everything we do is tailored to offering each child the best possible educational experience. We work closely with parents and professionals to create a nurturing, enriching environment for learning.
Built on a pre-existing school site, Castle Garden has been adapted to deliver education and support in comfortable, calming surroundings. Facilities include:
- Five classrooms – more than large enough to accommodate the maximum class size of 7 pupils.
- A practical space, where pupils can enjoy ‘hands-on’ learning in art, crafts and science.
- A fully-equipped pupil kitchen for learning & independence skills.
- Full IT integration in all classrooms – including interactive whiteboards, a laptop library, and access to tablets for phonics, numeracy and PHSE work.
- Comfortable outdoor spaces – including sensory gardens, play equipment and outdoor learning facilities.
- Fully-equipped kitchen providing hot meals for pupils (Coming Spring 2024).
The school is situated close to Guildford town centre and easily accessible for pupils and families. The location also offers a range of opportunities to get involved in the local community resources and to develop independent living skills.